Stuck armor stands with models after joining/rejoining a server
The problem has already been reported within #34 (closed) along with two other bugs a few months ago, while the exception problems have been solved, the stuck model problem still exists until today.
Server and Software
- Paper version git-Paper-510 (MC: 1.19.4) [previously 1.19.3]
- ModelEngine version R3.1.7
- MythicMobs version 5.2.5-SNAPSHOT-e6ca8900
- ProtocolLib version 5.0.0-SNAPSHOT-b631
When a player (re)joins the server with existing MythicMob mobs what use ModelEngine, some of the mobs will have a "clone" of their model stuck in place in the exact position or location where the mob has been standing in the moment of loading (e.g. when player loads into the area).
The original mob will remain fully functional, there are no missing mobs or errors within the console. But the stuck "clone" of the affected mobs will just keep sticking in place, in the same position, without any function and can also not be damage or removed (just invisible armor stands holding the ModelEngine items).
This stuck "clones" will disappear as soon as the player rejoins (e.g. rejoin the server to the same location), but than of course, other or the same mobs will have this bug again and other or the same mobs have stuck "clones".
I have tested that now with multiple mobs, most of them have been created by Littleroom. While testing it made no difference if the mobs used the MythicMobs option onLoad and onSpawn with the same command (this was a question in #34 (closed)), I removed the onSpawn for testing and the issue still remained.
It also made no difference if I was using simple or complex models and MythicMobs configs. I can provide the full pack for MythicMobs and also for ModelEngine for testing, just contact me on Discord ofunny#1337 (Sorry I can not link them directly since some mobs are bought and licensed).
Steps to repeat
- Use the same server and plugin versions as above.
- Make sure to test on a similar hardware (AMD processors, running on KVM "virtual machine")
- Spawn in some mobs (best to request my packs for testing)
- Leave and rejoin the server and see the stuck "clones" (Not moving mobs have to be moved after rejoin to see that there is a "clone" of course)
Video + Description
In the video you can see me joining the test server multiple times and searching for bugged models.
- try – all seems fine, could not find a "cloned" model around me.
- try – the 4th trainings dummy has a bugged "cloned" model, you can see it as soon as I hit it.
- try – 4th model is fine again, but a stuck Viking model could be seen next to the stairs.
- try – stuck Viking "clone is gone again and everything around me looks fine.
- try – again another trainings dummy model got a bugged "clone", this time the last in the row.
Video link: https://resource.ofunny.world/dev/bug.mkv
If you need any help, information, packs or access for testing, just contact me on Discord (ofunny#1337) or directly here within this report. There are no console logs attached because there are no errors or other relevant log entries within the whole console log.
Note: This prevents me from using Model Engine now since almost 6 months and I have to delay announced updates again and again and again, what results in losing players, so any help on fixing this issue finally would be highly appreciated!